Hired Men’s Shop

Constructed before 1820, this building’s original use was as a seed shop and it was located on the north side of route 20. It was moved to its present site when another building used to house the hired men burned in 1907. Paint analysis has revealed that when the structure was moved, its bright yellow color was changed to white. The built-in case of drawers in the south room on the second floor is among the oldest surviving examples on site, and retains its original green paint on the cupboard doors.

READ MORE about the Hired Men’s Shop